Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Raising Small Children

I got this pray from a friend and thought I would share with you. I know I needed this several times over the summer while staying home with my sweet little boys. Thanks Molly for sharing.
Raising Small Children
For all these smallnesses
I thank You, Lord:
small children
and small needs;
small meals to cook,
small talk to heed,
and a small book
from which to read
small stories;
small hurts to heal,
small disappointments, too,
as real
as ours;
small glories
to discover
in bugs, pebbles,flowers.
When day is through my mind is small,
my strength is gone;
and as I gather
each dear one
I pray, "Bless each for Jesus' sake-
such angels sleeping, imps awake!"
What wears me out
are little things:
angels minus
shining wings.
Forgive me, Lord,
if I have whined:
it takes so much
to keep them shined;
yet each small rub
has its reward,
for they have blessed me.
Thank You,
Lord.

No comments: