Friday, May 9, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Happy Friday!

What a busy stressful week we have had.

As most of you know Jansen has been receiving speech and language services through the states Early Intervention Program.

Well, this will end this summer because he will be turning 3. On Monday he came to my school and the county evaluated him. They were amazed at how well he did. I am so excited but frustrated too. Chris and I are trying to get Jansen an IEP (Individualized Education Program) for hearing impaired and secondary speech and language. We feel he is doing so well because he has been receiving speech services for so long. (sorry about this, but I needed to vent)
The bottom line with all this is: Chris and I want the county to take over his speech and langauge services until we know 100% everything will be fine with his speech. This will not be an easy task since he is currently doing so well.
Jansen is starting to wear the hearing aid more and more each day, but he still doesn't ask to wear it. I hope that will happen soon.

Jordan had "Move Up Day" today and got to visit a 1st grade class. Not sure how it happened but his class came to my room. He was a mess while I was teaching a lesson to them. Thank goodness he can't be in my room next year. It will be a fun year with him in 1st grade and me teaching 1st grade. (I hope we make it through the year)

HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to ALL the GREAT MOMS OUT THERE!

No comments: