Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Boys

Yesterday Jordan and I left school early to take Jansen to the Dr. We first stopped by
Chick-fil-A corporate to have a yummy lunch with Chris and Jansen. We enjoyed yummy salmon, salad, fresh fruit, pizza, chicken sandwiches, and yummy cookies. Okay, I didn't eat all of this but it was all on the menu today. Then me and the boys headed to Scottish Rite for our appointments. We met with LS first the audiologist. The boys played while we talked about Jansen and how things were going.
She then starting checking his ear(right), and couldn't get a reading. It was showing a flat straight line(which it shouldn't be this way) I of course starting panicking. She tried a second time and now I'm trying not to cry. So we decided we needed to see the Dr. first to see what was going on.
Dr. N gets us back ASAP, and starts cleaning his ear. Jansen had a lot of wax, and the tube was making its way out. Dr. N took the tube out and said to me oh, no we have a problem(I panic), Jansen has a lot of fluid on his ear drum. We need to get this taken care of and he needs to be on meds for 10 days and we need to talk about another tube and Adenoids coming out. I agreed and we headed back to LS (audiologist) for more test.
Jansen did a good job following directions in the booth for Ms. L. The testing is showing a flat line still and a mild low frequency loss in his right ear, his little ear still shows that the nerve is working. As I try not to cry at this point Ms. L tells me this is normal when a child has fluid on the ear drum. So I was fine with this.

Then we go back to see Dr. N and discuss everything. He tell me everything is good and normal we just have to get the fluid cleared up and taking care of. We will go back in five weeks to see how things are looking and have an updated hearing test. At this appointment we will talk about putting another tube in to keep his "good ear" good. I honestly feel we will get another tube put in once this all clears up. We can't take chances with his right ear. Jansen is having a hard time hearing right now, but once this med get in him I think we will start to see a difference.
Jansen was so excited about getting meds, put doesn't act sick. I would have never known he had an infection if we weren't at the Dr.
I know this is long but wanted to keep everyone up to date with our family.

Thanks Jordan for being a big brother at the Dr.

post signature

3 comments:

Molly said...

Girl, I know exactly what you went through yesterday. There is a sick feeling that enters your stomach when they tell you they aren't getting a reading on their good ear. I will be thinking about you guys and saying a prayer. My advice..........GET THAT TUBE!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you see Dr. Novelly- Aubree sees him and I think he's the best doctor!!!

Mandy

by: Allison said...

Yes, we see Dr. Novelly at Scottish Rite. He is great and so is the audiologist at the Atlanta location Lauren Stott.