Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stage 2 prep....

The boys got these 2 nice shadow boxes for Christmas and I can't wait to get them hung in their rooms. These jackets belong to Gramps (Chris' granddad)
Gramps Football jacket from 1940

Gramps football jacket from 1941

This boy have been in a bad mood today. Not sure why, but I know he will get over it.


This happy boy is getting ready for Stage 2 of ear reconstruction on Friday.
Arrival time at hospital is 5:30, with surgery at 7:30. We are all starting to talk about the upcoming day and letting Jansen know what all will be going on. He asked me today which hospital we would be at...and when I told him he said "I hate that place, it stinks."
I have heard stage 2 is the easiest. (which we need) Stage 2 is ear lobe reformation, which means moving his ear lobe in line with the "new ear." As of today, I think Dr. Jones will also be working on the problem area that we had(exposed cartilage). We do not have exposed cartilage, but it could use some touch up. So we will see what Dr. Jones says Friday morning. I know Jansen will leave the hospital with stitches and the nice white head wrap. Please keep Jansen and Dr. Jones in your prayers. We need a successful surgery the 1st time around with stage 2.
I will update the blog throughout the day Friday to keep everyone up to date.


(we love to hear from our readers Click comments..then anonymous and leave Jansen a note)

post signature


1 comment:

marff said...

Thanks Allison for posting... will send it out to the church recipients of prayer emails....
martha