Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Post-op

I took Jansen to post-op on Monday and we got to meet The Burrow family. Greyson and Jansen were instant friends. They talked about their ears and everything else little boys want to talk about. Greyson will be having stage 3 surgery Wednesday morning. We are praying for you Greyson.

Post-op this time was a little different for me. I wasn't sure what to expect when the netting came off the head. Jansen had stitches in 2 places. One on the ear where the exposed cartilage was, and some on top of the ear where they lifted his ear off the head. Once I saw the ear, I asked lots of questions, like, Why is that area red?, What is that?, Does this look right?, and many more. Dr. Jones said everything looked fine, we just have to let the healing continue. We will go back again on Monday to make sure everything is healing. I left the office a little nervous and cried on the way home. Once I got home I made 2 phone calls to other mommies that have been through this. I got lots of questions answered and was starting to feel a lot better.
Thanks Christie and Molly for the great talk. Jansen had a very rough night Monday. He didn't sleep well at all. He wanted the head bandage off so that he could scratch, and I don't blame him. I was ready to get it off too. He is being a trooper through all of this. I am getting more comfortable with rewrapping his head...so for the last 2 days I have taken it off and brushed his hair and let him enjoy the fresh air. He is loving it. This morning the ear is starting to look a little better. Chris has been out of town all week and I can't wait for him to look at it tonight to tell me what he thinks. I will try and post more pictures later. Please keep praying that everything will heal and we can move on to stage 2.

post signature

1 comment:

courtney said...

What a sweet guy he is!! After we left and were on the way to the hotel Greyson said that he really liked Jansen and he was going to be adding him to his prayers! We both have two special guys!!
I hate the emotional roller coaster of this process and not being sure if the ear looks "right". When is his bandage able to come off for good? Seems like once it comes off the ear heals so much faster. Please keep us posted and know that God has his hands on him!! ((( hugs)))